The quality and reliability of long-term, subsea mooring connectors (SMCs) is critical, which is why many companies are choosing Ballgrab mooring connectors for their shallow and deepwater projects. With over 300 projects successfully completed, Ballgrab mooring connectors are used as a quick connection/disconnection system in permanent mooring lines. They are particularly effective for deepwater use.
Each project has unique parameters of load dynamic and design life criteria. All Ballgrab SMCs are specifically designed to meet project criteria and are unique. They are available in a range of sizes from 300mT MBL to 3,000mT MBL. Designed and tested in accordance with certifying authority standards, these bespoke engineering products have been extensively tested to ensure a long term consistent fatigue life.
Shallow Water and Deepwater Mooring Applications
Ballgrab mooring connector applications range from drilling-mooring, FPSOs, floating production units to deepwater SPARs and submerged turret buoys.
Ballgrab mooring connector benefits include:
• Diverless connection
• Quick and easy to connect
• Simple operation - reduces risk of operator error
• Only one ROV operation to connect male to female
• No special ROV attachments needed to connect
• Can be used with anchors, driven piles and suction piles
• Quick and easy disconnection
• Can be connected in adverse weather conditions
• Fully mechanical device means a reliable operation
Ballgrab connectors are readily integrated mooring line options are: chain; chain and wire; chain, steel wire and synthetic fibre rope and chain and rope.
Ballgrab SMCs offer a flexible approach to mooring: