CableGrab is the first subsea umbilical and cable removal tool offering a cost-effective method of retrieving umbilicals, power and telecommunications cables during field decommissioning operations.
The CableGrab tool works through the operation of patented Ballgrab ball and taper technology where grip strength increases in proportion to the load. As the cable passes through the tool, the standard Ballgrab gripper mechanism can be activated, penetrating the plastic sheath and gripping on the armoured wire of the cable.
Easy to Deploy and Operate
• The design of the CableGrab allows umbilicals and cables to pass right through the tool enabling the position of lift to be infinitely adjusted along the cable length.
• The tool is easily handled by ROV and has handles for the manipulator to aid deployment and retrieval.
• Pad eye interfaces on the lifting collar allow connection of the tool to lift lines via shackles.
• The lifting collar is free to rotate independent of the gripping mechanism allowing for rotation of the cable.
• Gripper blocks can be interchanged to suit a range of umbilical and cable sizes from one CableGrab tool.
CableGrab tools are available for: 3" to 4" umbilicals and cables with a SWL of 8Te.
For other umbilical and cable sizes contact us.
First Subsea CableGrab 1.pdf (404.52 KB)